End of a year. And beginning of another. For years on end 31st of March draws the financial curtains on a year. This year was no different.
For the year April ’06 – Mar ’07 , I decided to have very clear written personal goals for one full year. That year ended with 31st March ’07. And when I reviewed them by the last week of March ’07, it was a mixed bag. But, i realised, i had moved.
Some results for the previous year and plans for the new year.
- The weight went down. The waist went in.
- The medical tests were done & they were all ok !
- New equations with new and old friends were forged and great cheer all around. I met some awesome people! And of couse others left me in some awe!
- This blog started rolling and people do read my writing. Which is a resurrection of sorts.
- The extra qualifications kicked in, with possibilities of adding many alphabets at the end of my name! And what learning. What fulfillment!
- I know how my money looks. Earlier, I never knew where it went. Now, I know.
- The finances need restructuring. (Awww) The art of balance. The imbalance wrecks a pretty picture
- Time spent with wife, family and friends needs to be properly balanced out with professional and personal growth activities. The imbalance wrecks a pretty picture. Again.
- I bought my first insurance policy, without anybody selling it to me. I sleep at peace.
- Picked up the tennis racquet after 15 odd years. And after eight – nine months, I still have a decent serve and a neat top spin forehand! Applause!
- Stamina needs improvement. At the end of 45 minutes of clay court tennis, am panting like a dog after a king’s hunt.
- The weight needs to go further down. The waist further in.
- I need to track expenses better, although this year was much better than usual times
- More friends. More books. More reaching out. More giving. That’s for this year
One of the greatest take aways for me for 06-07 was the beauty of written goals and their coming true despite some trying odds. I rue the fact that this did not strike me much earlier in life despite having clear written goals on the professional front !
Hoping i dont sound like a wannabe “How-to-make-your-dreams-come-true” self-help-book -author, i can write with so much authority that flows from experience,
You will be pleasantly surprised how well your desires come true ( or come close to it), just because you write them down and keep track of them.